Apologies to everyone for the long wait. My Dell decided to crash and take a few reviews with it.
But no matter, on with the post!
Here is a list of Canadian gluten-free makeup brands and -as always- make sure to email the companies in question to make sure that their gluten-free status is up to date or for any other allergen or dietary requirements.
1. Cover Fx : All Cover Fx products are gluten-free, cruelty-free and vegan as well as being free of parabens, mineral oil, fragrance and talc. While they don’t specialize in lip wear, their store offers a wide selection of foundations, powders, primers and contouring products. They also have a clear sunscreen (SPF 30) which can be used as a base. If you don’t want to shop online, you’ll be happy to know that Sephora carries their products in store (as well as online). Ships to Canada and the US. Note: while most of Cover fx’s products are made in Canada, some of their other products are made in Italy and the US (please contact the company by email for more details). Their brushes are made in Asia.
2. Bite Beauty : I emailed Bite Beauty recently and was told that all of Bite Beauty’s products are gluten-free. This company specializes in lip, cheek and eyewear which is sold through Sephora’s website online. According to Sephora’s website, Bite Beauty’s cosmetics are formulated without Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates (however, you may wish to contact Bite Beauty directly in order to confirm this). In addition, the company has a shop on Queen West in Toronto called “Lip Lab by Bite” which allows customers to create their own lipsticks from $55 a person. For American readers, there is one Lip Lab open in in New York). Note: all products are made in house in Toronto, Ontario.
3. Sweet Leilani : All sweet Leilani products are manufactured in Canada and their ingredients are sourced around the world. Their products are eco-friendly, gluten-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, cruelty-free and vegan. The company offers skincare solutions as well as foundations (cream and powder), lip wear and eye wear. Many of the products have sunscreen included in them, (I emailed the company and they said that it would be around 15-20 SPF). According to their website, Sweet Leilani ships to Canada, the US and International. They also have a store locator on their website.
4. Bellaphoria : All Bellaphoria products are Canadian-made, cruelty-free, paraben-free and gluten-free. In addition, the front page of the website advertises that there are no : chemicals, preservatives, petrolatum, silicone, liquid plastic derivatives, MSG, nano particles or FD&C dyes. The front page also states that their makeup is corn-free and non-GMO. This company offers a wide variety of products for lips, eyes and face and you can also purchase brushes. Bellaphoria ships to Canada, the USA, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Australia.
5. Pure Anada : This company’s products are ethical, Canadian-made, cruelty-free and free from common allergens (with a couple of exceptions, you can read their allergen statement [here]). In addition, Pure Anada avoids the “Dirty Dozen” ingredients used in cosmetics, along with the Environmental Defense’s “Toxic Ten”. The majority of their products are also vegan. Their cosmetic line includes skincare, beauty tools, face, eyes, lips, bath&body, hand&nail, and products for men. They also boast a wide variety of hygiene, house and home products as well as literature. Pure Anada ships to USA and to certain international countries -please contact them for more details- from their website. They also sell products through their own stores, other retailers as well as other online retailers. Check out their website for more details!